Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Transitions

 This particular one I actually put effort in and wrote from my heart, but it obviously sucks. It was my sister's birthday. Also, the last line is inspired by a Khaled Hosseini quote:

“I suspect the truth is that we are waiting, all of us, against insurmountable odds, for something extraordinary to happen to us.”
― Khaled Hosseini, And the Mountains Echoed.


Transitions

 Created Date: 2021-04-11T23:25:12.865406+00:00

 Language: en


I was born with wings, but crawled through life

 I used to be young and naive,

 Playing around with myself

 And pretending, everything was fine.

 But things have changed, and I've grown up.

 I have duties to fulfill and lives to change.

 These days I feel like I'm living in a trance,

 Becoming anxious with each progressing day.

 It feels as if life's fading away into nothingness,

 And I'm sitting there, watching it fade.

 It's been so long since I've looked like myself,

 Talking and walking like someone else.

 I think I'm searching for something,

 Something unreachable and unfindable.

 But the truth is, I'm waiting,

 Waiting for something extraordinary to happen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LATEST BREAKDOWN RIGHT HERE !!

Boycrush

So shit.  College life gets wild for me every other day.  Yesterday (17/09/2024): Got woken up at 10:30 am by my flatmate, immediately took ...